Free Stay and Play Drop-in Sessions for Children and Families
Our Stay and Play sessions - Make and Take, Wrigglers and Jigglers and Play, Talk and Sing - are 1 1/2 hour indoor and outdoor play sessions designed to give children the opportunity to:
- play and learn in a safe and stimulating environment.
- meet and play with other children.
- get ready to start nursery school.
Stay and Play allows parents and carers to:
- introduce different play and learning environments to their children - and by so doing, enhance their child(ren)’s development.
- meet other local parents and carers, and share experiences.
A typical Stay and Play session is structured as follows*:
- 09:30 am - outdoor and indoor free play
- 10.10 am - focussed activities
- 10.25 am - tidy up
- 10.30 am - wash hands and snack
- 10.40 am - songs
- 11.00 am - home time
*please note that timing and structure are open to change.
It’s important to come early to each session as this will give your child(ren) enough time to play make good use of the play facilities, and be ready to sit down and enjoy snack and story/song time.
For more information on your children’s learning, please click here.
Make and Take
Come and be creative with your child using our fantastic art materials and resources. Open to all families with children up to 5 yrs. Just drop in: no booking required.
Wrigglers and Jigglers
Enjoy music and movement with your child. Open to all families and childminders with children up to 5 yrs. Just drop in: no booking required.
Play, Talk and Sing
Language-based play, rhyming and singing for you and your child. Open to all families and childminders with children up to 5 yrs. Just drop in: no booking required.